DL-1 Serial ECU Interface - Megasquirt?

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm

This does all you need.
https://github.com/irvined1982/arduino-megasquirt

Now you could come up with an adapter so that I can throw my Arduino out. If you follow this you can work with any firmware from old till new (including MS2, MS3, Microsquirt and other derivates). More channels will of course be available on "A" request as all newly developed features are always added to the stream but clearly "a06" works version independent and is meant to be used for displays/loggers. "A" always needs version information to work, also for tuning software etc. The version would be queried with "S".

BTW: Forget about checksum. This does not improve reliability and just complicates things. Make it as in example in my link: Set a timeout and try to receive precisely 112bytes. If it received length is unequal to 112 scrap the data and try again.

Want to get Megasquirt off the table? Do it as suggested (and send me an adapter to test. Could send you my non-working Megasquirt adapter back but I think it is not worth the shipping cost...)

Support

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 pm

As of May 2014 we changed the firmware for the MS2 ECU interface to use the A06 command. Due to the rate at which we request the data there were some problems with earlier versions of the ECU firmware, hence the notes on the website about which versions of the ECU firmware it works with. We could just reduce the rate at which the data is requested which is no doubt what the PC software is doing, but that would be less useful for the displaying and logging of data with our equipment.

Martin

stephen hooker

Postby stephen hooker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks Martin. I purchased the adaptor in April 2014, so I probably have the old firmware in the MS2 interface. How do I verify the version, and how do I update?
Stephen Hooker
Sydney, Australia

Support

Postby Support » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 am

Send an email to me, mhill at race-technology dot com and I'll send it over.

Martin

stephen hooker

Postby stephen hooker » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:41 am

Well, it took a while for me to try the ECU adaptor on the Microsquirt with the new firmware from RT. The result was a corruption of the Microsquirt firmware, requiring a complete reload. Fortunately nothing permanent, but a confirmation that the ECU adaptor will not work with the Microsquirt. Duplicating sensors to allow logging is the only way.
Stephen Hooker
Sydney, Australia

efrainmodesitt

Re: Bye bye stupid speed limits

Postby efrainmodesitt » Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 am

wanna try Prison Signal Jammer£¿

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”