Ignition Angle log?

chas

Ignition Angle log?

Postby chas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 am

Hi,

My classic vehicle is being pushed by a naturally aspirated air-cooled 4 cyl engine with dual carbs and distributor/CDI ignition; it has no ECU. I have sensors and instruments set up to monitor RPM, air fuel ratio, exhaust gas temperatures, etc. while cruising. For tuning and autocross, in addition to these signals I’m interested in recording % throttle and ignition timing along with the built-in capabilities of your DL series. I’ve searched the RT forums and knowledge base but haven’t located an answer to one of my questions: Given the tach output of the CDI box or CDI trigger signal from the distributor and a signal from a hall effect sensor related to crank position, what would be required to set up one of your DLs to calculate and record the ignition angle (timing advance)?

Thanks in advance,
Chas

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Chas,
It sounds like you really need to monitor the relative positions of two different pulses coming in to the unit. Unfortunately I can't think of any easy way to do that and get a straightforward answer that you can log and view. Sorry.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”