Output Drivers

oddlimbs

Output Drivers

Postby oddlimbs » Fri May 23, 2014 10:10 am

Support

Postby Support » Fri May 23, 2014 1:56 pm

There is no hysteresis at the moment, it has no memory of the previous state. That is something we are looking at adding on.
In terms of the command length, there is a limit on the total length of this type of command, but it is an overall limit on all channels combined, not a limit on a per-channel basis. If you do exceed this length you will get a warning.

Martin

oddlimbs

Postby oddlimbs » Fri May 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks for your reply Martin, is there a list of operators and syntax somewhere in the knowledgebase? The info that I can find is very limited!

Please could you also answer the first part of my opening post:
"I would now like to add output drivers, is there a cheaper option than either upgrading to Dash2 Pro or DL1 mk3?"

Thanks

oddlimbs

Postby oddlimbs » Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Have been playing with the Dash2 Pro configuration software, so have answered most of my previous questions, but the following questions have sprung to mind!:

1) How frequently are the Output Driver conditions checked and does formula complexity affect response time i.e. can it process all 4 Output Drivers at 100hz with maximum formula lengths?

2) Likewise, what is the inspection frequency for both the standard and advanced alarms/can it process all 99 alarms at 100hz?

3) (Precisely) How do the standard alarms alert you & display the alarm variable? (Non-Pro Dash2 flashes the last 2 (red) shift light LEDs and shows a frozen variable in the large, right display area. This does not work well as, when Oil Pressure goes low, for example, it blocks the live variable with a frozen one, so you cannot check whether the low reading was a short dip or whether it has continued to fall)

4) Do the advanced alarms show frozen or live variables in the various screen areas?

Thanks

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 27, 2014 2:07 pm

I believe the output drivers are all updated at 100Hz, and alarms are checked at the same frequency.
When activated the backlight flashes, the shiftlight flashes and the alarm channel and value are shown at the bottom row. On the DASH2 there were no decimal places in the bottom row of text so we couldn't display value on there. With the DASH2PRO we can.

I believe that all alarms show frozen data, but I agree that showing live values would be better, I will put it forwards as a suggestion.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”