Can the DASH 2 Pro do this?

juliancates

Can the DASH 2 Pro do this?

Postby juliancates » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm leaning heavily towards buying a Dash 2 Pro with the GPS logging option. I'd like to make sure that it meets my requirements, though.

Firstly, I will be using the Dash in lieu of analog gauges. So should be no problem getting oil temp, water temp, and oil temperature. That much I understand.

I've seen some product documentation which seems to indicate that it's also possible to display lap time and time slip in the lower two segments, which are typically used for odometer and trip meter. (Although I'm not sure if this is specific to the Lotus integration, which is where I find it called out as "race mode". If I can get these two, in addition to the temperature/pressures, it would be perfect.

That said, I've been playing with the software, and can't find any place to configure the bottom two segments, only the main three. Is it possible to do so?

Cheers,

Julian

Support

Re: Can the DASH 2 Pro do this?

Postby Support » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:57 am

Hi there,

The feature you are referring to, is indeed possible on a standard DASH2 PRO unit.

it is part of the "Advanced/Driver info upgrade" for the unit which is an additional cost on the unit.

To configure this go to the lap timing and click the advanced tab. The feature can be configured from here.

Image.

This feature can only be used with the advanced license enabled.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

juliancates

Postby juliancates » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Perfect, thanks!

blizard

Postby blizard » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:34 am

Just on the topic of the 'Advanced option bundle' - This has ' Trigger low side driver outputs based on alarms'. I'm thinking of an external warning light for oil pressure. Does the 'Advanced Options Bundle' allow for this or would I need to purchase the extra 'Low Side Drivers and 4 Extra Analogue Channels' on top of this?
Thanks

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

I think this was already answered directly(?)... but just to wrap this forum post up, that is an extra licence.

Kind regards, Support (A)

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”