How do I get sound in a generated video?

ZEDohSIX

How do I get sound in a generated video?

Postby ZEDohSIX » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:38 pm

I am experimenting with the trial video generation capabiltiies of 6.1.39 before deciding if I want to but the upgrade. I have a DV file captured from a video camera that has sound. I sync up the video and lap data and generate the video. The resultant video has image with overlay but no sound. I have tried a variety of codecs with no difference.

Should I be expecting sound in the generated video or is that something I have to post-process using other tools?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi,

Currently sound is not supported, only video... however it is a common request so we are intending to look into this as time allows.

Support

sti2006

No sound

Postby sti2006 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:44 am

Has there been any progress on this sound issue? It is extremely time-consuming having to overlay the dash using the RT Analysis software and then having to re-sync the sound in a video editing program and then re-render the output. Not to mention the additional video compression cycle for no benefit.

As a paid-up licencee of the Video Overlay software I don't think it's too much to expect that the software can transfer the sound! After all watching motorsport without sound is completely pointless.

I recently complete a 4-day rally event and I think it took me another 4 days just to get the video finished, largely because of this lack of basic sound support.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu May 04, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi -

This is still on the development to-do list but unfortunately has not happened yet.

It will, but can't give any date promises.

Regards,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Turby

Postby Turby » Fri May 05, 2006 8:38 am

You could always try this product http://www.trackvision.net/index.shtml which has direct support of RT products (and many others) and a whole host of nice features. Good value as well.

What it doesn't have is the ability to show static video frames from multiple laps for comparison.

Stan

Postby Stan » Fri May 05, 2006 2:39 pm

* Man the software development seems to be terribly bogged down.

* For some uses, try earlier software versions. I use VERSION 5 all the time along with version 6.

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu May 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Just bought a video cam and mount for the race car. Now looking into software to merge the two bits together. Has any one else got any ideas for suitable software that works with sound ?

Stan: I revisited version 5... as you say its actually better for what I want to do... I guess thats what they call "progress" :?

Bobbus

Postby Bobbus » Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 pm

Turby,

I use TrackVision for merging video with data, does everything I need it to do.

Rob.

ZEDohSIX

Postby ZEDohSIX » Thu May 11, 2006 9:08 pm

I use TrackVision also. It is simple low cost, easy use, looks brilliant and is fast.

Return to “General software support”