Can I display fuel used / fuel remaining on DL1 + DASH 1?

zub

Can I display fuel used / fuel remaining on DL1 + DASH 1?

Postby zub » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm

I've got a DL1 and a DASH 1 and use them in an endurance race car. The car has a 100 litre fuel tank (bag tank) which does not have a fuel level guage.

If I install a fuel flow rate sensor, is there a way to display (in real time)
- how much fuel I have used, or
- how much is left in the tank, or
- how much was used per lap?

I would have thought the display needs to take the output of the sensor, which will output litres/second and integrate it over time to get a litre number, which then the data logger / display could work out the three numbers above. However I may be wrong.

Looking through the documentation for the DL1 and DASH1 I'm not sure how to do this. I know MOTEC can do it, and a guy with a Porsche 996 GT3 Cup at the Silverstone 24hrs last month said they could see litres/lap which sounds like a very useful bit of data. The last thing one wants to see is the raw "litres/second" output from the sensor, as that would go all over the place.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Zub

ssharkey

Postby ssharkey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:52 pm

The DASH 1 is very unsophisticated in what it displays - there is (as far as I have found) no way to do this. It can't even display sensible bar graphs for anything other than the lat & long G forces.

Steve

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Unfortunately, current DASH firmware cannot do this. No problem in Analysis, but not possible on the DASH.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General software support”