Google earth maps in main analysis

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:50 am

2fast4u wrote:Make sure that you have point (.) and not comma (,) as decimal separator. Thats what I changed to get it working. Its found in the regional settings in the control panel.

When using the UK settings the point as decimal separator is selected automatically. Any ideas how to make this feature work?

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:42 pm

I just noticed that they released a new version of the software V7.1.23

Under the release notes it says:

Update 16/11/2007, Analysis Build 7.1.23

* improved scrolling in laps/sector table
* internationalisation bug in map overlay fixed
* standard deviation calculation corrected
* correction to icon in program manager corrected
* improved graphing in monitor
* minor changes to lite monitor program
* minor bug corrections

Hopefully this gets you guys going.
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Thanks Applejack,

the new release is working now.

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:56 pm

and I really like it especially when it is calibrated to correct the GPS error:

now I can really check the line!

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 pm

unfortunately it stopped working on my home PC....I have no idea why. I played with the regional settings but that didn't work. the strange thing is I know that it already worked on my home PC but now it doesn't. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't help....

any ideas?

EDIT: now it works. I just played with the internet explorer security settings and activated just about everthing and I guess that helped.

Mats

Postby Mats » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 am

Cool, Now we only need the Google camera sats to do another run over the tracks in Sweden... :?
/Mats

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:54 am

What about the facility for being able to select between using google maps and maps from Microsoft (maps.live.com) to ensure we can get the latest / highest resolution ?

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 pm

It seems still not to work here (UK). This is version 7.1.39.

The feature looks really impressive. It's a disappointment that it doesn't seem to work for us.

Nigel

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:13 pm

What are you talking about - it works fine for me, although last time I checked Rockingham confused it, but that's a Google issue, not RT.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:45 pm

tristancliffe wrote:What are you talking about - it works fine for me, although last time I checked Rockingham confused it, but that's a Google issue, not RT.

Perhaps I was over generalising. I've not had the logger long but I have data for both Rockingham and Bedford.

Both show an overlay on open countryside, not where it should be.

So, from my (current) perspective, all of the tracks I see don't work. If it does work for other UK tracks then that's encouraging.

How can you tell that it's a Google problem, BTW?

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Because RT said so, and the problem arose for some without any changes to the software (e.g. it was okay for me in whatever version, then after a few weeks it stopped working in the same version and shows me fields).

For example, Snetterton still works fine, as does Silverstone. Haven't checked others recently.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:55 am

tristancliffe wrote:Because RT said so, and the problem arose for some without any changes to the software (e.g. it was okay for me in whatever version, then after a few weeks it stopped working in the same version and shows me fields).

For example, Snetterton still works fine, as does Silverstone. Haven't checked others recently.

OK, I'm at Snetterton in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to see it; which will be good. Perhaps I've just been unlucky so far.

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:04 pm

nigelayres wrote:
tristancliffe wrote:Because RT said so, and the problem arose for some without any changes to the software (e.g. it was okay for me in whatever version, then after a few weeks it stopped working in the same version and shows me fields).

OK, I'm at Snetterton in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to see it; which will be good. Perhaps I've just been unlucky so far.

Yup, just back from Snetterton and the overlay works fine for there. Bedford and Rockingham still don't though.

Curiouser and curiouser...

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 pm

A new build, 7.2.16, was just posted in the download section. Please try that and see if the "Bedford and Rockingham" issue is still there.

You will definitely see better behavior in terms of caching, I'm seeing good behavior there.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 pm

I just downloaded and installed the new 7.2 version and now I see that the background map gets downloaded but afterwards I get the error message: "system can't find map-pls connect to the internet and try again"

the system was running fine with the old version so what can I do?!

Return to “General software support”