Google earth maps in main analysis

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Try doing an uninstall from the Race Technology V7 > Other > Uninstall link in the Program Group, then reinstall.

If that doesn't work, do the same thing but select the registry cleaning option.

Let us know how you get on.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 pm

I uninstalled then reinstalled => same problem
I uninstalled and deleted the registry entries then rinstalled => same problem

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:43 pm

What OS, and what Analysis version were you running before?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Rockingham working fine now. As is Brands and Snetterton (they were before though, I think). Smashing job
:D
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:21 pm

RTUSA wrote:What OS, and what Analysis version were you running before?

I am running Windows XP and the old version I used was: 7.1.39

now I even tried it on my home PC with Windows 2000 and it didn't work either. there I previously also used successfully 7.1.39

pls help :cry:

EDIT: I think RT tries to find the downloaded google files in the wrong temp directory but I do not know where to specify the right temp directory for RT.

Update 30/1/2008 7.2.16

major re-work of internet map overlays. Results are now more robust and are cached on the local computer for faster operation and subsequent use without an internet connection

yes the maps get cached in the temp directory. I can see them there, but why doesn't RT notice them there???

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm

After initial doubt I now think this facility may be very useful. I appreciate it may well be undergoing further development but I think it's worth making a couple of points.

1) It would REALLY be useful and save a lot of time if the [Download Map as Background] checkbox was moved the to the header (next to [Interactive Mode]) and maybe just shown as [Map]. When this is selected moving around, panning, zooming, altering Manual Map offsets are painfully slow. Usually to speed things up you will switch off the map, do what you have to do and switch back on again. Only to find it's still not quite right and you have to do the same again, having the toggle on the header would make it so much quicker.

2) Is it possible to get a greater degree of clarity. I imagine the program will access a larger area than is actually required in order to allow for small panning movement without reget (although it still seems to reget).

I say this as the image we get within the map window is generally of much lower clarity than you get within Google Earth when viewing the same area at the same scale. Below is an example although I have got slightly better results by specifying a small sector prior to loading the map but it is still noticably inferior.

Perhaps this could be acheived by another checkbox that specifies higher detail maps.

Incidentaly, I have checked map display for Rockingham, Bedford, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Silverstone, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch and Croft and all work perfectly.

Malcolm

PS. Could someone please advise where the temp directory is that store the images.

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Good point on the image quality. It used to be better ~3-4 months ago and then it changed.
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I still get the message that the system can not find the downloadd map...even with latest software version .24.

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:44 pm

For me on version 7.2.24, the image quality on individual sectors is greatly improved.
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

tiburonski

Postby tiburonski » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:39 pm

RT downloads the map overlay files to the C:\WINNT\Temp directory. but why do I get the message that the system can not find the files when they are actually there?

EDIT: I found how to temporarily fix it: I just had to change the local settings to "english uk". so I think it's again a local country settings bug. could you permanently fix this?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Tiburonski,

That's really odd - could you give me a bit more information please?

Could you email me you maps.cfg file? This will be in the equivalent to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Application Data\Race Technology

My email address is andrew at ... then our standard web url (I won't type it in as I will be swapping by millions of spammers!!).

Also could you confirm what OS you are using please? I assume W2000 from the directory name - but it would be nice to confirm please.

Thanks

Andy

PatGT

Postby PatGT » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:50 pm

I must be Ripvanwinkle and just woke up and missed all these updates.

I just downloaded v7.2.24 and hats off to RT for all the updates, especially with caching the gps map.

Issues I'm having are...

Analysis can't find stored image till I did as Tiburonski said and make my local settings "English UK". Thanks Tib! Also, has the resolution of the map be reduced as it looks pretty low-res.

The track map lines seem to be real FAT with a choice in the options of making them even FATTER. I prefered the finer lines as before, but maybe I just need to get used to it.

Thanks again for the Image Caching.

APS

Return to “General software support”