Gear Display in Analysis

Support

Postby Support » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:12 pm

I don't think the firmware will make any difference at all to this. I have had a good go over the data, I get the best match between theoretical and actual speeds at a wheel circumference of 1.75m but still no joy with the gear value in the software. I have tried a variety of things to get it working and it's not going anyway. I will report this as a bug and will report back when I have some firm news on it. It won't be until next week at the earliest.

Martin

pault

Thanks

Postby pault » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks guys for looking into this. I really appreciate it. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

The DL-1 is definitely an older one. I bought it used toward the end of last year. The first event with it I had gear shift linkage problems and didn't get a lot of data. Though I will go back and check if I can get a gear number from those runs. The runs I've been talking about for the last week or so, were from a good long weekend of sessions.

Thanks!
Paul

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

This is now fixed.

Basically the RPM data coming into the DL1 was really very noisy for this data, and the gear calculations where done BEFORE the filtering was applied to the RPM.... yes I know I was suprised too :)

This has now been changed so we filter RPM before doing the gear calculations.

With this change, your gears look 100%. This will be available in the next build of the software, probably before the end of the week.

Best regards to all,

Andy

pault

Yeah!

Postby pault » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks a lot!!!

Paul

mikee boy

Postby mikee boy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:33 am

Excellent News.

I am very impressed by the level of customer care and feedback from Race Technology.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Support wrote:This will be available in the next build of the software, probably before the end of the week.

Any joy on the next patch coming out - the IF() errors and RPM filtering would be especially useful if sorted.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

pault

YEAH!

Postby pault » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:02 pm

I just downloaded version 7.3.11 and both the gear display and the IF function are working for me now!!!

THANKS
Paul

Return to “General software support”