Logging without GPS signal DL2??

Slides

Logging without GPS signal DL2??

Postby Slides » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am

Hello

have used the DL2 a couple of times now on our old FSAE car to get used to its operation. Sorted a bug with a config that was dropping channels and seems to be working fine. We are taking in pot voltages for suspension and steering, tire temps, brake pressure, and will take rpm and throttle in future. (Hoping that next years team will be able to take serial data from ecu when you get around to the next lot)

I have a couple of questions, after searching i couldn't find anything relevant.

I would like to be able to log the analogue/digital inputs without a gps lock. I could not get the unit to start logging without a lock previously and haven't found anything in the config software to get around this so far, is it possible?? It would be good to hook up to an engine/widebands (2) and or thermocouple controlers output etc in a basement engine room while they are tuning our new engine.

Second, i have found a couple of threads mentioning added GPS accuracy in post processing PPP/Waap i think it wa??. We have a 5Hz model, and it was ordered with the "advanced" analysis upgrade, i'm still not sure exactly how the feature works, from what the dealer said, it is in the firware of the device itself, i assume this means it leaves a different signature in the data files, as everyone has access to the analysis software?

Thanks

Michael

UNRacing

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi,
I have emailled you some new firmware for your DL2 which should get around this problem.
The PPP feature only works with the 20Hz data, so I'm afraid it won't work on your 5Hz DL2.

Regards,
Martin

Slides

Postby Slides » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:11 am

thanks again 8)

Return to “General software support”