Mathematical function in variable manager

Slides

Mathematical function in variable manager

Postby Slides » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 am

i'm sure i saw something here about the range of functions that could be used in formula when calibrating sensors or creating our own channels but i can't find anything at present.

I'm fairly sure that it was possible to use more that those listed below

i could not find a list or anything in analysis or online knowledge database in the places i looked or searching.

i was thinking of maby trying to use inverse trig or a range of other functions, i assume it can do anything that excel can?

I will be trying to set up channels for pitch, roll (from linear pots on all 4) where i can just use angle=sin(angle) as our pitch and roll will be small, but imagine there are circumstances where inverse trig would be useful and maby a rough yaw channel for DL2 on our FSAE car, for yaw i was thinking of averaging the difference in front wheel speeds and a rough corner radius calc based on speed and lateral G.

Thanks

Slides

pault

Function List

Postby pault » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:09 pm

The complete function list is shown here...

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... lFunctions

I don't see a range function listed and of course there are significantly less functions available than exist in excel. You can also calculate something procedurally, though those functions take longer to process.

You could always export data into excel if you really needed something.

Paul

Return to “General software support”