Question about user defined variables

jorgesegers

Question about user defined variables

Postby jorgesegers » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about mathematical operations I hope somebody could help me with:

1. Is there a way to calculate a lap distance channel that is reset to zero each time the lap marker is passed?

2. Is there a way to reset an integration to zero each time the lap marker is passed? Eg. to make a channel that gives the time spend at full throttle for each lap. I know that it's possible with Marker Based Measurements but that only gives me one value, and I would like to see how that value develops against time or distance.

Thanks already!

Jorge Segers

SPiFF

Postby SPiFF » Fri May 22, 2009 1:57 pm

2. Is there a way to reset an integration to zero each time the lap marker is passed? Eg. to make a channel that gives the time spend at full throttle for each lap. I know that it's possible with Marker Based Measurements but that only gives me one value, and I would like to see how that value develops against time or distance.

Did you ever find a way to do this? I would also like to have % full throttle channel.

Thanks ...
Zsolt - #9 ITS GSR

MattyRagan

Postby MattyRagan » Fri May 22, 2009 10:28 pm

jorgesegers

Postby jorgesegers » Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes I did in the meantime...

First create a user defined variable that gives 1 for throttle position > 95% and 0 in all other cases.

if(VAR_2510>95,1,0)

In this equation VAR_2510 is the channel for throttle position.
Next, create a 'marker based measurement' (Results - Marker Based Measurements). Select 'Standard measurement' - 'Integral of' - 'Full throttle flag' (the math channel created before).
Run this measurement from 'Marker 1' to 'Marker 1' (the lap marker).
You will then get a table with the time spent at full throttle for each separate lap.

Hope this helps...

Return to “General software support”