Serial adaptor and RPM

Matt Seabrook

Serial adaptor and RPM

Postby Matt Seabrook » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

I have a DL1 Dash2 Video4 and a serial adaptor all connected and work. The serial adaptor is connected to my Emerald ecu and throttle, coolant temp, air temp etc. all work as expected. One of the main reasons for buying the serial adaptor was to try and clean up the RPM signal for the Dash2 tacho. I have still go the RPM signal connected to the back of the DL1 from the ECU RPM signal output at when I look in the analysis software and pull up an XY graph and go to Engine speed (ecu) RPM it show zero rpm. When I pull up RPM [rpm] which is the ecu tacho output it shows RPM. Is there something else I need to enable tick switch on etc or do I just disconnect the RPM from the back of the DL1?
For car set up www.a1tyres.org.uk

Matt Seabrook

Postby Matt Seabrook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 am

Right just to clear this up for anybody else you can disconnect the RPM cable from the back of the DL1 and every thing still seems to work as expected. :wink:

Jimster

Postby Jimster » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Matt, I have identical setup do you, but without the video4, I am unable to log RPM, Target AFR via the serial interface. do you have this issue?

Cheers

Jim

Matt Seabrook

Postby Matt Seabrook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:22 pm

I log RPM throttle position, air temp and coolant temp via the serial adaptor without problems. Do you log anything else via the adaptor OK?

Return to “General software support”