Set up DASH3 shift lights to flash when alarm is triggered.

TCR

Set up DASH3 shift lights to flash when alarm is triggered.

Postby TCR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 am

I currently have an external shift light in my race car, and as such have no real need to use the shift lights on my DASH 3.

I would however like to configure them so that they all flash whenever an alarm has been triggered for high water temp or low oil pressure.

I found this in the knowledge base and it's seems it's just a matter of configuring each variable, is that right?

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... hiftLights

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:09 am

Unfortunately its only possible to use one variable to control the shift lights, so you would have to choose either water temp or oil pressure.

You can still have the standard alarm for each different variable so you will get warnings when any channel goes outside of the defined working parameters.

TCR

Postby TCR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:16 am

That's a shame, perhaps this could be an option in a future firmware upgrade?

Thanks for the reply.

pault

Another possibility?

Postby pault » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Is it possible to use a user variable to control the shift lights?

If so you should be able to create a math channel that will activate the lights when either water temp is high or the oil pressure is low.

Paul

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 am

That is a very clever idea pault and this can theoretically be done, you could write a nested if/else "equation" with several variables and then use that user channel to control the shift lights.

This has never been done before, but as I said its theoretically possible. You need to make sure you have the latest version of the DASH3 firmware and configuration software as only those allow user defined channels to be used.

TCR

Postby TCR » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 am

Still new to this stuff and don't quite understand it, but are you saying that I could setup one user variable and with the right formula make it work for both low oil pressure and high water temp, given that there is only one high and low parameter in the equation?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:06 am

Yes, it is theoretically possible to have more than one variable to trigger the shift lights, by using a maths channel (user defined variable) that incorporates both analogue channels.

It will take some knowledge of how "if-else" statements work to do this so its not a straight forward thing to do, but possible.

Return to “General software support”