Track Markers not accessible to Dash1 on next Run

svtdoug

Track Markers not accessible to Dash1 on next Run

Postby svtdoug » Sat May 19, 2007 3:03 am

I also posted this to support, but it may be something that I can control, so I thought I would also post here in case someone has a solution.

I took my new DL1 and Dash1 on track last Tuesday for the first time. Great tool. But I did have an issue that may be due to my inexperience with the unit. On my first lap of the day, I pressed the 'set' button on the Dash1 and recorded Lap and sector markers at various points around the track. Then on subsequent laps of the same run, the sector and lap times displayed as expected – all well and good. At the end of the run I pressed the red button on the DL1 to stop logging. On the next track run after pressing the red button on the DL1 to start logging, I was surprised that no sector or lap times displayed during or after the first lap. I checked the menu setting on the Dash1 and Predictive Lap Times was still turned ON. After several laps, I reentered new markers again with the Dash1 Set button. On the next run, the same scenario repeats – no sector or lap times are displayed on the Dash1. At the end of the day I downloaded the CF device and there were 3 MARKERXX.:LAP files (MARKER01, ...02, ...03), which I downloaded. Each .LAP file worked fine with the analysis software. So my question is - why did the Dash1 unit not recognize and use the existing MARKERXX.LAP file on subsequent runs? The GPS was locked on at the beginning of each run and the track plot for each run was perfectly aligned with other runs.

Thanks,
Doug
'18 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray

svtdoug

Postby svtdoug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:57 am

I think I figured out the problem - or discovered a work around. On the next track day, I deleted all but one of the .lap files from the CF card thinking that multiple .lap files might have been confusing the unit. It worked. The Dash1 display performed fine all day.

Doug
'18 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray

Return to “General software support”