Save notes with lap data

svtdoug

Save notes with lap data

Postby svtdoug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:53 pm

I have been looking for a feature in the DL1 analyses software whereby I can save notes along with lap data - for instance notes about traffic encountered or debris on the track, etc. Is there a way to do that within the software? I realize I could export the data to a spreadsheet and add notes, but it would be nice to have it integrated.

I have a G-Tech Pro Road Race model that has such a feature and I found it very useful.

Thanks,
Doug
'18 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 am

Currently there is just a spot for ambient conditions under the run manager.

You could also just make a text file and store it in the same folder as your run file with any notes.

I sometimes use screen grabs with markup (for example, via SnagIt) for important things I want to remember in the future.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Viper19

Postby Viper19 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:41 am

I tried saving the raw data using the Run Manager after I had added the Ambient Conditions to the run. When I reloaded the run, the ambient conditions were not there. Did I miss the correct saving procedure.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 am

When you save the data you need to use the Save All command, this will then save the ambient conditions within the file. The data is not stored in the raw file, so you can't just use the save logged data command.

Martin

Viper19

Postby Viper19 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 am

If you use the Save All command, you will not be able to load the run data with data from other runs. I want to be able to compare runs from different times, even different years. I recently noticed that I had lost some horsepower in my car compared to last year, but don't know how much since I cannot remember the temperature from last year.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:06 am

Good point, I will look at ways we can add this in to the raw run data.

Martin

Daz

Notes

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 pm

I seem to remember in version 5 your could add notes by going into the run manager page.

Cheers Daz

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:09 am

You are correct, but they were still not save with the .run file. Only with the processed run.

Martin

Return to “General software support”