More on graphs

ssharkey

More on graphs

Postby ssharkey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:53 pm

Reposted from possibly the wrong place - though these might turn out to be for the Requested features list but thought I ought to check they can't be achieved already.

1. Min/Max/Avg values
I would like to be able to plot the maximum, minimum or average of one variable against another. By way of example - Against rpm plot the maximum torque - obviously you can hve multiple readings for the given rpm value.

2. Base lines on graphs
In order to view the information in graphs more clearly I'd like to be able to put in some lines so say I plot speed and lateral G I'd like to put some horizontal lines at say 0g, +0.4g and -0.4g.

Steve Sharkey

DMKMM

yeah

Postby DMKMM » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:09 pm

i hate to bump, but im kinda wondering this also. if the infomation is posted elsewhere, could somebody tell me which thread its in.

-THANKS

faraday

Postby faraday » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:55 am

The min, max, ave are single values. I see you are aware of some of the strange logic in your question from your multiple RPMs note.
I haven't explored the new feature in the X-Y Graph, so perhaps your request will make more sense when I do and come back.
In the meantime, do you think you could re-phrase the question?
I doubt that your aim is plotting a horizontal line. :?

Is it that you want to produce a scatter plot of two statistically derived variables from multiple data sets?
:wink:

I've achieved Steve's second desire by defining (and plotting) User Variables (from the Variable Manager) as constant values. :idea:

I've never seen such a feature presented as an option in other motorsport DAQ software. We're meant to be petrol heads, not scientists :!:

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:29 am

It is the first time I have seen a request for this, and no it isn't possible. Other than by setting up a user defined variable as a constant.

Martin

ssharkey

Postby ssharkey » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:17 pm

faraday wrote:The min, max, ave are single values. I see you are aware of some of the strange logic in your question from your multiple RPMs note.

An obvious if somewhat fabricated example is to have rpm on the x-axis and for each rpm plotting the highest torque or horsepower value. Perhaps this is better suited to a bar chart with a lot of bars?

Steve Sharkey

faraday

Postby faraday » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm

A scatter-plot, or XY graph with the view option to not join points will show you what you want... sort of.
There will be measurement noise in the data, but the density of the data points will give you an eyeball of the average, etc.

Bear in mind that you can choose manually what time interval, or distance interval by using markers, to "gate" the data with. If you are interested in engine output, it's not much use taking a lap's worth of data unless you're able to drive the whole lap at full throttle :!:

A useful "Analysis" feature is "programmatic" marker addition.
:idea:

Return to “General software support”