No RUN data recorded

faraday

Postby faraday » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:23 am

Support wrote: These files are all kept on record so we can check them in the future if required.
Martin

:) Excellent policy and good info to know.

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Oh dear, another event, and yet again no data.

The DL1 was flashing the leds, the green led was on on the first three runs, but there is nothing but a blank folder on the memory card.

I noticed in the afternoon on the last run that the 1GB refused to record. I'd press the red button, and the green log light would come on, then go off again after a second. I tried several times.

So I ran back to the tow car, grabbed the spare card, stuck the 64MB card in the DL1, and that appeared to work, and the green light was on solid.

I did have a problem before I managed to get the 64MB card working though, where the top left red led was on, and all the other leds were pulsing in unison. I tried ignition off then on again a couple of times and it then said it was recording.

But alas, tonight I have nothing to show for my four attempts at the Epynt hillclimb.

So, what do I do now?
2011: 200BHP Duratec & Quaife Sequential box

faraday

Postby faraday » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

:cry:

You must have tortured black cats in a previous life.

Your DL1 is complaining of something with that light display, but probably not a code that Martin or anyone can decipher.
Did you run the thing on a few different days in your road car to gain confidence in it?
Of course, you shouldn't have to do this and now confidence is miles away. It sounds like the sort of issue that a reflash will fix, but I doubt that I would be alone in holding onto a nagging doubt that something more intrinsically awry is plagueing this unit.

I would not not delay returning it to Nottingham. I doubt the cards, or anything you have put on them is at fault, but perhaps they should take the trip too.

:cry:

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:31 am

The 1GB card still has the data which support wrote to it when they tested it last, so I've not reformatted the card nor taken their data off.

It has some 900MB free, so its not a space issue.

I'm baffled.

And disappointed.

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Tis very quiet on here today.

Here's my video from the hillclimb. Only 160BHP but in a car weighing 715KG it all adds to quite an exciting ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37FJhAz7-8

faraday

Postby faraday » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 am

Isn't it. Sometimes the magic words 'Support, Martin or Andy' conjure up a response. :wink:

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:48 am

Graham,
I have got a test unit on my bench ready to take a look at this, I will hopefully be getting on to it today. It has happened on a few units now and it definately looks like a bug in the software...

Martin

Greg Amy

Postby Greg Amy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:06 pm

I didn't read through the entire thread, just a few posts, so I apologize if this is redundant.

We were having similar problems with a DL-1 on a three-car team: seems at the beginning of each race weekend this one unit would not log. It would get GPS lock, would *appear* to start logging (the red "logging" light was on) but all we'd get on the card is the folder with no run file (not even a 0kb file.)

Resolution was to reload the SETUP.BIN file (we don't leave them on the CF card). After that it would work fine for the weekend. But, two weeks later, same problem.

We've replaced that one unit as, so far, problem solved.

For reference, all three units are/were running firmware 10-5.

GA
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:13 pm

grahamblackwell wrote:... it all adds to quite an exciting ride.

Graham,

Yes, I could tell, like the self-motivation technique towards the end :)

Malcolm

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 pm

What she lacks in BHP I do have to make up in 'enthusiasm'.

Picked up my replacement DL1 from Eastwood this morning. The team were very helpful, and really made me feel welcome. Dont get that sort of treatment very often, seems RT really do care about their customers and their reputation.

Dr Lorne even threw in a replacement memory card. I'll give the replacement unit a whirl at the weekend to see if it is any better.

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:17 am

I got data, I got data! Yeah!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

30 laps of Snetterton yesterday, what a blast.

Just need to get my head round analysing it all now.

Q) When do the seminars start?

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 am

Graham,

I've done a few articles (or rather lengthy forum posts) on a forum I belong to ( http://www.openpitlane.co.uk/forum/index.php ) and a couple of them are linked at the foot of this RT page : http://www.race-technology.com/related_links_2_44.html

There is also a "Data Loggers" specific forum on that site which has a number of other hints and tips on using data loggers, specifically the DL1.

Also, there is a growing number of sample .RUN files in the various sub-forums under the Tracks & Trackdays forum. Also track videos, many with telemetry overlays.

Maxx

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 am

Ooh, the analysis software is sooo clever.

My fastest lap was a 1:27.34 and my fastest theoretical lap would have been 1:26.29

Top speed was 112MPH

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Free training seminars are currently pencilled in for 28th August and 25th September at the RT HQ in sunny Eastwood, Nottm. Anybody wishing to attend should get in touch as places are limited. The idea at the moment is that it will be a general training session on using the software but if anybody has anything specific they want to ask then let us know in advance so we can prepare something.

There will be an email newsletter going out over this weekend which will have details, I'm giving giving you a headstart.

Martin

grahamblackwell

Postby grahamblackwell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:55 am

Yes please, Martin. Can I have a place?

Here is the datalogger screen shot.

The "Analog 1V" graph is the voltage from throttle position sensor.

I broke a tie bar at Snetterton, no damage to the car, but she is now in the garage at home, undergoing major heart surgery. The Zetec is being replaced by a Duratec engine, so my next outing will be early next year.

Return to “General support questions”