Help! DL1 not working

JoJa15

Help! DL1 not working

Postby JoJa15 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:00 am

I received my DL1 today but when I connected it to my serial port I saw no data. When it powers up the GPS light comes on and then starts blinking. The Status and power light do not come on. When I connect via the serial port to the monitor software the COM port shows as it is busy when I hit play and idle when I hit stop. No data is displayed though. When I use the lite monitor software it shows as busy when I connect and idle when I disconnect. When I do connect I see no data and in the top of the lite monitor software the message "Updating" is constantly flashing. What does that mean? I never see any OK or error packets listed as the OK and error packet counts stay at zero.

Do I have a broken DL-1 or do I need to have it flashed?

I have it connected to the cars cigarette lighter and the GPS antenna to GPS connection. The serial part was connected using the supplied serial cable connected to a serial to USB cable that I bought from race technology.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

- John

JoJa15

DL-1 is now working again

Postby JoJa15 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:07 am

OK, so this morning I take the unit with me to the track in the off chance that I can figure out what went wrong. I plug it in this morning and now instead of just the GPS light being lit all four lights are lit. I can press the logging button and the logging light does not go off. The logging light came on as soon as I applied power. I checked the CF card and no runs were being logged. So the unit is still non-functional but has slightly changed it's behavior.

Later in the afternoon I plug it in again and now it is fully working!!! I am extremely happy it is working but concerned since I don't understand why it was doing what it was doing.

- John

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:59 pm

John, when mine turns on the Logging light goes on for a short time and then turns off until I hit the button. The GPS light shouldn't stay lit right away until it sees a good signal and then it will blink.

Sorry you had some problems, but it's nice to see it's working.
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

Return to “General support questions”