Did I really see this? min/max lines in XY Graph

Maxx

Did I really see this? min/max lines in XY Graph

Postby Maxx » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am

I felt sure that at some stage I have seen min/max lines in XY Graphs. Like you get if you select "Display Average of .." but showing a line and a numeric value for the min/max values shown in the graph.

I've looked for a way to do this but can't find it, but am almost positive I have seen it (currently using 7.1.23)

M.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:06 pm

If you click View Options, and Display Percentile Grid, it shows the max and min value of the data displayed. You can also use Absolute values (which is better for lateral accelerations, where you frequently get negative values).

Is that what you wanted? The downside is it also shows 90%, 80%, etc lines as well, but it's not a big downside...
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Thanks for reply Tristan. I have tried that, thinking it was what I [thought I] saw but it isn't and the numbers are too squashed up to be readable. I can fairly easily get min/max figures by just clicking in (say for instance) a g-circle diagram) and holding as I drag the mouse pointer full left or full right.

The thing is I thought at some stage I had seen this single line showing min/max of the measured variable, in g-circel and XY graph .. must have been dreaming .. I really need to get out more :)

Maxx

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:26 pm

For the numeric max and min values you can use the variables table (set to display such) and simply highlight the range of interest on the graph.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”