Where are the customer windows stored?

Maxx

Where are the customer windows stored?

Postby Maxx » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm

I have a PC and a laptop I run the DL1 Analysis program on, have setup custom windows on one which i'd like to transfer to the other, also, previously have had problems with v7 upgrades which needed a remove and re-install (losing custom windows).

Where are these stored? and can they be copied between machines?

TIA

Maxx

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:30 pm

In Analysis, Advanced Load/Save, save layout as xxxx.lay (or whatever filename you want).

Then look in
c:\program files\racetechnologyv7\analysis\configuration\xxxxx.lay

Copy that file to the same folder on the other PC(s).

Load using the Advanced Load save.

Some of the terms might be a bit wrong, as I haven't loaded Analysis to check.

You can also do the same thing with variables, track marker layouts and car setups (gearing, accelerometer config).
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Tristan,

Again, many thanks for the reply, you are fast becoming my personal tech support operator :)

It's not that though i'm afraid. The way i'm creating these is to have the XY Graph Selected, then select Results->Select Custom & Defaults->Store Window as Custom. You can then give it a name.

When you reload Analysis, you can just go to Results->Set Custom & Defaults and you customer views are listed at the foot on the selection box and you can select it.

I know it's not tied to the saved screen layouts as I can save/load/copy etc. across machines etc. and the customer views stay with the program they were created in.

So, these custom views seem to be independent of any advanced load/saves.

A REALLY odd thing happened though. As I said, I have been having some problems with the upgrades (specifically on my laptop) so I have to uninstall (from Control Panel) and load latest update as a new install.

I just did this on my laptop and fully expected my custom view to have gone (i'm sure they did before) BUT they were still there! most odd.

There must be a file that is left after an uninstall that contains this info.

M.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Supporting Vista has forced us to move those into the users directory....

something like C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Application Data\Race Technology
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Al,

Thanks. I've found them, looks like they are stored in controls.cfg yes?

Just so as I don't run into issues if copying these from machine to machine you wouldn't happen to know what is stored in here would you? also vars.cfg does this store user data?

Thanks

Malcolm

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Malcom:

I'd just try it, I don't think you will cause any problems that deleting the file / possibly replacing the old one would not fix, assuming you don't have any hard-to-reproduce custom settings on the target machine.

Regards,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”