Map background overlay

nigelayres

Map background overlay

Postby nigelayres » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:30 am

Hello, I've just bought myself a DL-1 and tested it on track at Rockingham yesterday. It all seems to work from what little I did yesterday. However, one thing which I though would be good would be to use the background overlay for the track map.

However, my Rockingham circuit map was overlaid on a small village in Norfolk, rather than that actual circuit itself in Northamptonshire.

I don't know whether it's relevant, but from looking at a map, I'd hazard a guess that they're both on the same longitude, but different latitudes. One looks to be due East of the other.

Is there a simple setting I'm missing? the actual track map itself seems to be quite correct; it's just been placed in the wrong location.

Thanks,

Nigel

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm

Nigel,

I also logged some data yesterday, and mine has exactly the same error. I tried an earlier log from Rockingham (9months ago) and same, also tried a few other circuits, Castle Combe, Brands, Croft etc. and they all work OK.

Malcolm

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:49 pm

/loads Rockingham race data...

Yup, happens here too. Fairly recent change, either by Google or RT, because I looked at this a couple of weeks ago and it was fine.

Using 7.1.23 - haven't upgraded to the latest version quite yet.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:15 pm

Maxx wrote:Nigel,

I also logged some data yesterday, and mine has exactly the same error. I tried an earlier log from Rockingham (9months ago) and same, also tried a few other circuits, Castle Combe, Brands, Croft etc. and they all work OK.

Malcolm

Ah, thanks Malcolm. I'm glad it's not just me then. I certainly didn't remember seeing any houses on the way round :) Quite a few errant cones, but no houses.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:04 pm

We think it's Google, not us.

Let us know if this persists or spreads!
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

nigelayres

Postby nigelayres » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:34 am

RTUSA wrote:We think it's Google, not us.

Let us know if this persists or spreads!

I've just done a day at Bedford over the weekend and the data from this is also sitting over a random piece of countryside.

So, it looks as if it's not an isolated problem.

Return to “General support questions”