Lat/Long Accel values a fraction of what they should be....

spaf

Lat/Long Accel values a fraction of what they should be....

Postby spaf » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:49 am

For some reason my lat/long accel values are always a fraction of what they should be... I've looked through all the settings and can't find anything that would cause this. My numbers are somewhere around 1/8 to 1/10 of what I would expect them to be. I've compared data with a friend from the same track at the same time and his numbers are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:14 am

Might be worth trying the folllowing simple test: (assuming you have the DL90/DL1)

Connect the logger to a PC and run the monitor software. Slowly tilt the logger vertically through 90 degrees (so its standing upright) the G values should rise to + or - 1G depending on the tilt axis. Try both axis and report on what values you get. You could always log this normally and analyse the data later post the charts.

HTH

Support

Postby Support » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 am

...are you sure you've got the sortware reading the correct units? There is a factor of 9/8 between units of g and m/s/s.

Support

spaf

Postby spaf » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm

I tried tilting it with the Dash1 attached (don't have my laptop here at work). The G values never rised above 0.12.

By, "correct units" is this a setting in the analysis software? Where is this setting? I can load in a firends run file into the same raf file with my runs and his runs have the correct G's and mine does not.

Thanks

Stan

Postby Stan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:55 am

Try checking:

Data - Variable Manager - Standard Variables

spaf

Postby spaf » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:24 pm

Units are set to [g] for both lat and long accel. This wouldn't explain the fact that other run files have expected G values when mine do not, in the same Analysis session... Would it?

Maybe I just have a bad unit or need new firmware or something?

Thanks

Return to “General support questions”