AX22 Rookie Questions

pmz

AX22 Rookie Questions

Postby pmz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Dear Friends,
I have never used hardware made by Race-Technology, but I need to get known with some basic elements of usage.
I’ve played a bit with this software, and hardware. I ran some tests in my car (Subaru Impreza N12 STi) but I have some problems with running analyze tool software.
Let me present my idea:

1. I have some road sector, which starts at location A, and ends at location B, with length equal Len(A,B).

2. I would like to drive many times through that road sector, and compare results of AX-22 records.

3. What I have already managed is that when I insert CF card into AX-22 memory card slot, I may ‘start’ race driving automatically (obviously, all vehicle constants are already set up). My questions are:

a. How do I stop in my B-point the race recording procedure?

b. I would like to go back to A-point and drive again, what shall I do without starting new race?

c. Is it possible, to drive one big race (which means: I go to point B from point A, and again from A to B, and again, etc.) and after few rides I finish my race. Then I should crop each ride A to B in analyze tool and compare? What is the best idea of comparing rides?

I’m sorry for any stupid questions, which might be really rookie-style, but I need help, and software is quite not-userfriendly, so I’m trying to organize help anywhere it’s possible.

All the best,
Przemek M. Zawada

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi PMZ:

If I understand correctly, what you are trying to do is what we call an open course test, ie the start and finish lines are separate. This is similar to autocross, hillclimb or performance rally work.

Current V7 software (available for download in the software section) handles this pretty easily, previous versions were somewhat awkward.

I wrote a short guide to setting up this kind of course at http://www.race-technology.com/upload/r ... 0Notes.pdf

You can create the A and B markers in the AX22 and import the resulting .lap files into Analysis, or simply draw the lines in Analysis with a mouse.

Hope that helps!
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”