Problems when trying to use script function in variables!

KBL

Problems when trying to use script function in variables!

Postby KBL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:58 pm

I have problems when defining my own user variable and adding a script. When recalculating everything, the application halts on my new user variable. The only way to stop it is to kill it in Windows Task Manager. Just To verify that I have the correct syntax, I've copied the example in the Knowledge Base, and still get the same problem! I have also verified the code in VB Macro in Excel with success. I'm running Windows XP Home w/ SP2 and Office 2007. Anybody experienced same problem?

Edit: And Yes, I have the lates SW, downloaded from the RT site.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 pm

From the software engineer:

"It depends on how much data is loaded… it can be quite slow! In the first place just leave it a few minutes to make sure the PC isn’t just thinking!"
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

KBL

Postby KBL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Appreciate the quit anser.
No, it's not thinking! The application doesn't answer. I waited for a couple of hours last night with no success!

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi,

I'm Andy who looks after the software at RT... just to be 100% sure can you post the script that you are trying to run please and I'll try it on my PC to see if it does run.

Thanks!

Andy

KBL

Postby KBL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi Andy,

For a while it actually did work, sort of! The application didn't "die". But depending on the constants used, the processing was aborted due to time out! If I used the value 5000, no problems, but if I changed it to 7000, the processing was aborted!?

This is how the code looks like!

dim gr
function output()
gr=2
if VAR_0010<5000 then
gr=1
end if
output=gr
end function

Best regards
Kristian

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:04 am

Hi Kristian,

Well good news and bad...

The good news is that I've identified where things are going wrong and it is now running correctly.

The bad news is that I'm not entirely sure why the correction has fixed the problem! Basically the analysis program makes a call to the MS scripting engine (as used by excel etc) and just gets back an answer - so to a large entent the scripting code is a block box from my side. To make this work reliably on the PCs in the office I had to add to release the processor after every call to the scripting engine.

I've tested it on all the office PCs and it's now working well.... so I'm relatively confident it is fixed, although I hesitant to promise since it isn't completely clear what is going on.

I'll be putting up a new build of the software later, at the moment I'm just doing some final testing on the new "cached" google maps.

Thanks

Andy

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 am

Support wrote: at the moment I'm just doing some final testing on the new "cached" google maps.

Excellent! Thanks, Andy.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

KBL

Postby KBL » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I downloaded 7.2.18 while ago and finally I got some spare time to test. I don't encounter any of my previous problems anymore. Thanks a lot Andy, great job!

Best regards
Kristian

Return to “General support questions”