Lap trigger output

glider

Lap trigger output

Postby glider » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:13 pm

I have an integrated lap timer on my dash. This can triggered by simple pulse (pull down to GND), eg from a dash mounted switch or the output of a lap beacon receiver.

One of the many smart things that the DL1 can do is display lap time based on GPS and a virutal lap marker. I *think* this is can be done either in the post processing (eg on the PC with the Analysis application)or in real time with a RT Dash1/2.

What Im interested to know, is whether the DL1 could be setup to output a pulse on its output when it crosses the virtul lap marker - this could then drive my lap timer. Maybe the logging status light could be pulsed, or is there another output available?

Cheers
ps - Dash1/2 are not an options for my setup - but Im keen to see if the Dash3 will be ;-)

Support

Postby Support » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Sorry I missed this one - so the information might be too late!!

No, there is no pulse output from the DL1 as you cross a virtual marker. Details of the DASH3 are now on the site - hopefully this will fit your application a little better?

Kind regards,

Andy

glider

Postby glider » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the Dash3 is the way to go .... heard its only weeks (days?) away from being released ...

Support

Postby Support » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 am

It is weeks rather than days....

Return to “General support questions”