DL1 reflash

Turby

DL1 reflash

Postby Turby » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 pm

I have just updated to the latest V6 firmware. Took me 3 times before the reflash worked on my new HP desktop. I'm now at the stage where after powering the DL1 won't get into a state ready to log :(

Power light - always on
GPS lock - flashes once then quickly a number of times as expected
Status - always on
Logging - always on

Any ideas ?

Turby

Postby Turby » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:09 am

Good news, for me at least! :)

I've managed to reload an older version of the firmware up to the DL1 and it now works again...

Bad news is the latest firmware version on-line doesn't work (for me) :( ...

Any suggestions ?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:40 pm

I'm not sure what the problem was with the new firmware release, FWIIW we;ve tested it here and it's okay.... I'll await any feedback from other customers to see if we can determine what is going on.

Support

Kolia

Re: DL1 reflash

Postby Kolia » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Turby wrote:I have just updated to the latest V6 firmware. Took me 3 times before the reflash worked on my new HP desktop. I'm now at the stage where after powering the DL1 won't get into a state ready to log :(

Power light - always on
GPS lock - flashes once then quickly a number of times as expected
Status - always on
Logging - always on

Any ideas ?

Similar problem here, after reflashing my DL1.

The unit will log non-stop now and the files created are corrupted. Can't open or copy them.

I had a newly formated memory card with no setup.bin file. I'll test again tonight with a new setup file.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Hi,
After reflashing with the latest firmware you will need to put a setup.bin file on the card, otherwise the logger will most likely start or stop logging of it's own free will. This is because the set up parameters are new to the new firmware and don't have a default value so they need setting.

Martin

Return to “General support questions”