emerald K3 ecu + dash2

trackxsi

emerald K3 ecu + dash2

Postby trackxsi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm

firstly hello there to all on the forum... its nice to see companies offering a little more than a premium rate number for assistance..

well as my title suggests i am currently in the process of connecting up the emerald K3 ecu onto my peugeot 106 and whilst looking round on the net spotted these dash2 units..

gotta say looks wise they do look the buisness..

but i have a few questions that i`m having trouble to answer..

is it possible to hook the dash into the ECU via a CAN link?? (i`ll be honest i dont even know what that means but i beleive this way the dash will be able o read all the sensor info as its fed into the ecu???

as for speed/odometer/gear indicator have i got it right that the dash merely takes a wheel speed signal (off an unsued ABS mount??) and once told the diameter of the wheel can work out speed?? and then comparing that to revs can tell me the gear indicator???

finally the dash warning lights?? main beam/indicators etc etc is it just a case of unpicking these from the standard car dash loon and plugging them straight into the DASH2 unit??

sorry for all the questions but i`m running out of hair to pull out!!!

stuart

trackxsi

Postby trackxsi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

quick update...

just had a very helpful email from..

lorne@race-technology.com

many thanks for the info and conformation of K3+dash2 compatabilty...

looks like another item has sneaked onto the peugeot shopping list hahaha

no doubt i will return on here once purchased as i`m more spanners and sockets rather than laptops and wires until then.. i`ll continue trawling through past posts getting pointers for installation..

stuart...

Return to “General support questions”