ECU Interface Help!

Rupert

ECU Interface Help!

Postby Rupert » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:34 am

Just purchased Serial ECU Interface to connect Motec M4e to DL1 MK1 & Dash 2. Reflashed Dash 2 to show Version 9.0.0, DL1 to Ver 9.5. Set Motec Telemetry Baud rate to 9600 and data set 5 as instructed in ECU interface manual. I can't get any ECU data to show up on dash 2 or log using DL1. Does anybdy know what the problem might be? I am rapidly getting tired of Race Technoloy products not working properly first time up like Motec and other Electronic devices! How reliable will these products be under Racing conditions? :evil:

andynorris

Re: ECU Interface Help!

Postby andynorris » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 am

Rupert wrote:Just purchased Serial ECU Interface to connect Motec M4e to DL1 MK1 & Dash 2. Reflashed Dash 2 to show Version 9.0.0, DL1 to Ver 9.5. Set Motec Telemetry Baud rate to 9600 and data set 5 as instructed in ECU interface manual. I can't get any ECU data to show up on dash 2 or log using DL1. Does anybdy know what the problem might be? I am rapidly getting tired of Race Technoloy products not working properly first time up like Motec and other Electronic devices! How reliable will these products be under Racing conditions? :evil:

Hi,

I am using an M48 ECU interface with no issues, no Dash 2, but a MK 1 DL1 Firmware version 9.1. Motec setup (misc 2) Baud Rate 9601, Dataset 5, Internal log set 0 (large), Logging rate 10, Advanced tuning 10.

I did have issues with it originally (I suspect I was the first M48 user, so had a firmware update for the ecu cable) before it worked.

I also had to do some things on the anlysis side. I had to set up a DL1 config and enable the variables in the analysis software, but the procedure for this comes with the supplied manual.
Andy Norris

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi,
This is most likely a configuration issue on the DL1. After reflashing the DL1 you will need to put a new configuration file on it to make sure that it will decode the ECU interface data and pass it through to the DASH2. You need to make sure that Incoming Serial Data are enabled both for logging to the card and for sending to the serial port.
If you have any other problems please email me directly, mhill at race-technology.com

Regards,
Martin

Return to “General support questions”