Where to get latest firmware?

saabman

Postby saabman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:30 am

I too would like to update the firmware on my old style (2 connector) DL-1.

The unit was purchased from D2 Engineering in May/2004 (first one in the US I think)

send to: cmoberg@vintagesaab.com

Thanks, Chris Moberg

jcserres

Postby jcserres » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello,

My DL1 (bought in UK in 2004) doesn't log any more.
When I press the Start/Stop button, the "logging" light comes on only half a second, the logging starts and stops immediately, and an unreadable file is created.
I use a Kingston 128Mo CF card (2.5 Mo/sec writting rate), and I've also tried another CF card, without improvement.

Maybe should I try to reflash the DL1 ?
Could anyone send me the last firmware ?
My e-mail is jc.serres@free.fr

Thanks for your help,

Jean-Claude

Dan in Saint Louis

Postby Dan in Saint Louis » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:36 pm

saabman wrote:The unit was purchased from D2 Engineering in May/2004 (first one in the US I think)

Well, pretty close to it! My first data file is 4 May 2004.

Obviously this is an older DL-1 with two orange connectors. What do I have to gain (or lose?) from new firmware?

Thank you!
--Dan in Saint Louis

Stan

Postby Stan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:36 pm

jcserres wrote:Hello, My DL1 (bought in UK in 2004) doesn't log any more. When I press the Start/Stop button, the "logging" light comes on only half a second, the logging starts and stops immediately, and an unreadable file is created. I use a Kingston 128Mo CF card (2.5 Mo/sec writting rate), and I've also tried another CF card, without improvement.
Maybe should I try to reflash the DL1 ? Could anyone send me the last firmware ? My e-mail is jc.serres@free.fr Thanks for your help,
Jean-Claude

I think you should try another memory card or two...have the analysis software format the card to FAT16. If you have an incompatible card or bad formatting, you get the 1/2 second logging symptom.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Dan:

New firmware makes the DL1 compatible with our DASH1 & DASH2 displays, also enables use of our Windows based configuration utility, which can customize logging and enable auto start, auto stop, looping, etc.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

jcserres

Postby jcserres » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Stan wrote:
jcserres wrote:Hello, My DL1 (bought in UK in 2004) doesn't log any more. When I press the Start/Stop button, the "logging" light comes on only half a second, the logging starts and stops immediately, and an unreadable file is created. I use a Kingston 128Mo CF card (2.5 Mo/sec writting rate), and I've also tried another CF card, without improvement.
Maybe should I try to reflash the DL1 ? Could anyone send me the last firmware ? My e-mail is jc.serres@free.fr Thanks for your help,
Jean-Claude

I think you should try another memory card or two...have the analysis software format the card to FAT16. If you have an incompatible card or bad formatting, you get the 1/2 second logging symptom.

Thank you, I'll buy a new CF card and try.
I'll keep you informed.
JC

icrisp

DL1 Firmware

Postby icrisp » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 am

Hi I'd like to use the latest V6 software which I have downloaded but cannot find the firmware fro the DL1 (the link to http://www.race-technology.com/upload/DL1V6.zip appears to be broken)

Where can I find a working DL1 firmware download

thanks

jcserres

Postby jcserres » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:20 am

Stan wrote:
Jean-Claude

I've tried with a brand new CF card INTEGRAL i-Pro 6Mb/s 40x 512Mo, and it still doesn't work !!!.
In fact, it worked 2 minutes, then impossible to log again.
The CF Card is new and properly formated (FAT). It works in my PC and in my camera, and it's a high quality CF card.

Well, now I think I have to reflash the DL1. Where can I find the last firmware ?

jcserres

Postby jcserres » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:26 pm

jcserres wrote:
Stan wrote:
Jean-Claude

I've tried with a brand new CF card INTEGRAL i-Pro 6Mb/s 40x 512Mo, and it still doesn't work !!!.
In fact, it worked 2 minutes, then impossible to log again.
The CF Card is new and properly formated (FAT). It works in my PC and in my camera, and it's a high quality CF card.
Well, now I think I have to reflash the DL1. Where can I find the last firmware ?

After all, it works !
I've dismantled the DL1 and srayed some anti-crach lubricant on the electronics. This solved the problem.
I suspect that some corrosion has made a bad contact, maybe on a poor quality weld ???

felix

firmware request

Postby felix » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:27 am

My DL1 purchased in Sept 2005 is running 4-2. How can I get a compatible firmware update? And I hope/assume this will result in valid GPS altitude data?

Thanks,

Felix

Return to “General support questions”