Random DL1 Issues

alvanderp

Random DL1 Issues

Postby alvanderp » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 pm

My DL1 mk2 has been acting up recently. I use it for solo/autocross mostly and with our National championships coming up next week, would like to get the DL1 operating appropriately again.

First issue: About a month ago at an event, the DL1 quit tracking satellites. The GPS lock light stayed off and it of course made my data files blank when I tried to log. I reflashed the DL1 last week with the hex file I had from around April this year, and when I tested it, all the lights came on again as they should and I thought all was well, not quite.

Second issue: All the status indicators seem to work fine, but when I attempt to log, it only logs for about 5-10 seconds then stops logging on its own. I am thinking this may be related to the original GPS issue. Is it possible I am losing satellite lock and it is causing the log to stop? Anyone have any ideas?

pault

Auto Start/Stop

Postby pault » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Do you have your DL1 configured to automatically start and stop and if so is it setup correctly? If you aren't sure, I would re-configure it the way you want it.

Paul

alvanderp

Postby alvanderp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:42 am

No I dont have auto-start configured, I have the remote start/stop logging switch. When I reflashed it, I left all the settings to default, so I doubt the auto-start/stop is causing it.

Return to “General support questions”