DL1 Reflash question

jlucas

DL1 Reflash question

Postby jlucas » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:21 pm

The help files say the com port selection window should come up before the .hex selection window but on my computer the reflash program (RtFlash v4.0) is the reverse of this. Is this the same for other people? If so, what is the timing between software selection and DL1 power with this software sequence?

I haven't been able to get the reflash timed correctly yet, so if you have any timing tips I'm all ears.

Working directly off the serial port; which works fine for DL1 Monitor.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:52 am

Jeremy:

Using the reflash utility that is installed with V6, the file selection comes up before the port selection, so it's confirming the port selection that actually triggers the PC to attempt communication and reflash.

What's been working well for me is to click the port selection window button, wait maybe a second, and power up the DL1.

I do this with no CF card installed.

Then, after reflashing, you'll want to run the config utility and load the setup file via the CF card. (I include this for others)
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Turns out it wasn't my timing but the file I was using. I got a fresh copy from here (found the link in another thread on the forum):
http://www.race-technology.com/Firmware/DL1/DL1V6.zip
And it worked the first time I used it.

Just for other people's benefit I was getting this message right before the "reflash failed".
Being this is the first time I've tried a reflash I had no idea if that was normal or not. Evidently it can indicate a problem with the file you are trying to use.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”