What does this error report mean?

DanH

What does this error report mean?

Postby DanH » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:12 pm

When I load my traces I get the following msg:

Error Report

To use the GPS/accelerometer tuning option, GPS speed accuracy is required this is currently disabled in the variable manager.

What does this mean? My dl1 is 20hz with the gyro. I defaulted to the basic setup today as I was getting the same problem with auto start/stop that it always had of not workign properly and cutting up my traces into a million very short files.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 pm

This means that in the variable manager the GPS Vel acc (GPS Speed accuracy) is not ticked and therefore the option to tune the GPS/accelerometers together does not function properly.

DanH

Postby DanH » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am

Support wrote:This means that in the variable manager the GPS Vel acc (GPS Speed accuracy) is not ticked and therefore the option to tune the GPS/accelerometers together does not function properly.

Ok weird that this is not set by default as I did a clean install of non video 4 version.

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Support wrote:This means that in the variable manager the GPS Vel acc (GPS Speed accuracy) is not ticked and therefore the option to tune the GPS/accelerometers together does not function properly.

It may be a simple answer, but what benefit does this have? What potential drawbacks exist?

My GPS traces can be quite suspect every now and then, I'd hate to think of that suspect data 'calibrating' the accelerometers.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:15 pm

There are no downsides that I'm aware of, the GPS data is only used when it is "good".

Kind regards,

Andy

Return to “General support questions”