Windows 7?

rallyfan555

Windows 7?

Postby rallyfan555 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 am

I'm looking at picking up a new netbook to use with my DL1. Windows 7 is due out later this month. I'm trying to decide if I'm better of getting one sooner with XP or if I can wait and pick up one with Windows 7. I'd prefer to get the newer OS than one that's 2 generations old, but supporting the DL1 will be this netbook's primary function.

Recommendations? Has the RT software, Analysis in particular, been tested on a Windows 7 beta?

Thanks
-Chris

Support

Postby Support » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:36 am

We are currently testing the Analysis Software with Windows 7. So far it looks like its going to be less hassle than Vista, so that is at least positive. Unfortunately I can't give an exact date on when a compatible version will be out.

I've seen PC's/laptops advertised with XP/Vista and a free upgrade to Windows 7 once its out, I think it may be worth trying to shop around for something like that.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Support wrote:We are currently testing the Analysis Software with Windows 7. So far it looks like its going to be less hassle than Vista, so that is at least positive. Unfortunately I can't give an exact date on when a compatible version will be out.

I've seen PC's/laptops advertised with XP/Vista and a free upgrade to Windows 7 once its out, I think it may be worth trying to shop around for something like that.

Although I have read reports that the FREE upgrade requires you to pay around $30 or £30 to get the disc mailed to you, plus a few other 'hidden' costs.

Best bet is to get it preinstalled (with a disc if you can - many come with a hard drive image to reinstall from), or to buy Windows 7 yourself.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

spnkzss

Postby spnkzss » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm

I played with data from this past weekend on my Windows 7 x64 system. No issues, so far.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

We have not found any issues with Windows 7 in testing so far. If you do find any problems do let us know so we can sort them out.

Return to “General support questions”