What is causing this ??

tickedo

What is causing this ??

Postby tickedo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 am

I have a DL1 and it works 99% of the time. This weekend i have had a race meeting and got 3 .run files. 2 are good one isnt??

THis is the working one

This one isnt ? HELP

Thanks
Andrew

DMKMM

Postby DMKMM » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 pm

not going to lie... thats kinda cool looking
more details, and im sure people can help.

anything change between races?

tickedo

Postby tickedo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 pm

This is the strange things nothing was changed, except tyres and brake pads :). The race the next day logged no problems. Could a loose memory card cause this? it does mopve a little bit but i wouldnt have thought enought to be a problem.

Andrew

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I had a similar problem once, and never traced the cause. I think (stress: think) it was a GPS locking problem. I started driving before the GPS got a decent lock on the satellites, and rather than getting better over time it just seemed to get worse and worse, as well as (occasionally) influencing the other data.

I don't think it would be a loose memory card. I think that would either work fine or not log any data at all. Perhaps it would generate hundreds of RUN files instead.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

stephen hooker

Postby stephen hooker » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:58 am

I have similar problems, and I also put it down to a poor GPS lock before starting the logger. I always make sure that I start the logger out in the open, make sure the GPS light is flashing, and avoid carports, garages etc.
I have one track in the Upper Hunter Valley that has a lot of surrounding trees, and you start the car under a carport . . . I cannot get a track map for the life of me . . . however I just review all graphs against time, and all the info I need is still there.
You should not have problems if you start the logger at the marshal point at Oran, but the garages/ carports and pit alley may be a problem.
Stephen Hooker
Sydney, Australia

tickedo

Postby tickedo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:42 am

Interesting cause that is what I thought. Each race I started the logger in the dummy grid so there is no over cover at all? and that makes it all the harder to work out. I had been sitting in the dummy grid for at least 10 mins with power on before pushing the start button on the logger before moving off.

AB

Support

Postby Support » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi,

If you would like to email the the run file, I would be very happy to look at it and tell you exactly what is going on with it. My email address is andrew@race-tech.... (won't type it all, but you get the idea!).

Kind regards,

Andy (RT support)

Return to “General support questions”