DL1 showing unreasonably high voltage inputs on Monitor Lite

marck_c

DL1 showing unreasonably high voltage inputs on Monitor Lite

Postby marck_c » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 am

Hi,

I have a DL1 that I am installing on a race car. When I connect the sensors to the input blocks on the back, I get ridiculously high voltages when viewed on Monitor Lite. As high as 55v! The battery voltage shows 18v on the Monitor.

However when I check the same inputs with a voltmeter I get ~1v. I previously sent the unit back to RT, and they reported that nothing was physically wrong with the unit, and that it just needed a reflash.

I downloaded the .hex file and reflashed the unit myself 3 times - successfully. But this did not fix the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:05 pm

There is a input calibration routine but you need a regulated source. RT can give you the details, and/or can do it for you. I've never had to do one and only had 1 customer in 4 years need it.

Just curious is this why you sent in previously or is this a new issue they didn't know about when you sent it in before?
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

marck_c

Postby marck_c » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:23 pm

It had the same problem before I sent it to them. They said they reflashed it anc calibrated it. It worked fine for a day or two then the problem repeated itself. I have'nt even started the car. Are you familiar with the recalibration procedure?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Sorry, no I'm not. I just know it exists but if your unit won't hold a calibration, I'd be asking them for a a replacement.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:54 am

marck_c, could you contact me directly with regards to this issue please. Its better for us to deal with repair inquiries directly. gummi(at)race-technology.com

marck_c

Postby marck_c » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Ok, I contacted RT and they sent me a procedure to recalibrate the voltage inputs. I applied it and it was successfull. If anyone else is interested I can post it here.

pacosnik

Postby pacosnik » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am

marck_c wrote:Ok, I contacted RT and they sent me a procedure to recalibrate the voltage inputs. I applied it and it was successfull. If anyone else is interested I can post it here.

hi. can you send me this procedure?

Regards
VW Golf MK2 16V Turbo Quattro - sold
VW Golf MK4 AWD kitcar for hill climb and track racing
VW Caddy Life 2.0 TDI - daily vehicle

Return to “General support questions”