DASH2 AEM interface... CAN I STILL USE AN AEM SERIAL GAUGE?

newman

DASH2 AEM interface... CAN I STILL USE AN AEM SERIAL GAUGE?

Postby newman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 pm

I've got a dash2 and the accompanying AEM serial interface. I also have a serial gauge which connects to the ECU... can I daisy chain this as you would a logger? Or will it simply not work?

Thank you in advance...

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:35 pm

I don't know how the serial gauge actually connects up. My expectation is that it can’t be daisy chained as such, but could most likely work with a splitter cable so that the data goes both to our ECU interface and to the gauge. We can provide wiring diagram for this if required or could make a cable up. We can’t guarantee that it would work though as we don’t know how the ECU gauge interface works. If it the gauge just "listens" to the ECU then it should be fine.

newman

Postby newman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Support wrote:I don't know how the serial gauge actually connects up. My expectation is that it can’t be daisy chained as such, but could most likely work with a splitter cable so that the data goes both to our ECU interface and to the gauge. We can provide wiring diagram for this if required or could make a cable up. We can’t guarantee that it would work though as we don’t know how the ECU gauge interface works. If it the gauge just "listens" to the ECU then it should be fine.

I'm unsure if the gauge transmits or not. It has buttons on it, but that could simply be to change the channel it listens on. I'm not too sure about how these things work. Is a splitter cable something I could buy or would it need diodes in it?
08 lotus exige S240
87 BMW 325IS w/ skyline GTR drivetrain.

Return to “General support questions”