DASH3 AND DL1 MK2 PROBLEMS

scausa

DASH3 AND DL1 MK2 PROBLEMS

Postby scausa » Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 am

For second time I go to a track day and I lose a lot of precious information because does not run proper...
First time was for a "problem" on card memory. I don't know why, memory fall down.
This last day, dash3 does not show times...
I mark correctly start point and seams to be all fine, but DL1 MK2 only logs 1-2 tracks and then stop logging, and DASH3 never show times...
I lose all day and when I arrives to my home, I see than was not reference start point inside memory and only some runs with 1-2 tracks.
I reveise all and seams to be fine... connections are fine, there's no hihgt temperatures and vibrations, I use a rele and fuse to protect installation...
I test with 3 different memory cards and do the same...
I have installed DASH3 + DL1 mks + can converter + 2 TRAVEL SHOKS...
I'm not happy with this fact...

osborni

Postby osborni » Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 am

Can you log data in the garage?
BMW 2000 M Coupe

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm not sure if you're working with a new or used setup, but we've had some odd problems that required both the latest firmware into the DL1 and Dash3 as well as the very latest computer software downloaded to create the configs for particularly the dash. There was an earlier Dash3 config SW that had some real problems.

Can't help too much with memory card problems other than to confirm that they were all formatted to the correct standard before use (think that's FAT16?) and are not too large?

scausa

Postby scausa » Sun May 15, 2011 6:48 am

I use new 2Gb card and where formateated before put inside DL1 configuration.
I flash DL1, Dash3 and Can Converter with last fimwares and I installed last analysis software.
I put an insolation to protect DL1 from vibrations and temperature from exhaust. Is installed in rear part of a motorcycle.

Aflter installing DASH3 display, I made large tests without any problems.
My first problem begin when I go to a track day for first time with Dash3 + DL1 and sudently memory card fall down.

All Kit seams to run fine but when I really need, has problems...

Return to “General support questions”