More DL-1 reflash questions...

Bruce G

More DL-1 reflash questions...

Postby Bruce G » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:41 am

I'm running the latest analysis software (6-3-63) and have just checked the firmware on the DL-I. It seems I'm running firmware 3-2 (!!!) and think it's about time I upgraded.

If I've read the instructions properly I need to use the re-flash utility within the RT software after having downloaded the latest HEX file which I have as "DL-1 customer reflash 060627.HEX"

Can I reflash the DL-1 just by copying the file to a formatted CF card and then powering up (like reflashing the VOB or DASH) or do I need the serial port?

If I do need the serial port how do I power up the DL-1 during the reflash? I haven't got a laptop to enable me to reflash in the vehicle, and I haven't got a 12V supply near the PC.

Any suggestions?

Thnx.
Bruce :?:

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 am

Unfortunately, your going to need to use the serial cable and supply power to the DL1.

I have used a small motorcycle battery and a pair of aligator clips to power the DL1 inside by my desktop machine. You'll only need power for <5min so it won't take much.

Alternately, you could send it to Al or myself and we can perform the reflash for you if you can't find someone local to borrow a battery or laptop from.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”