DL1 + Dash2 + LINK/Vipec = looses RPM every now and then.

Rezlo

DL1 + Dash2 + LINK/Vipec = looses RPM every now and then.

Postby Rezlo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I have a LINK G4/ Vipec V88 feeding into a DL1 and Dash2, all works 100% perfect but every now and then the RPM goes ou the window, the bar disapears and the numbers go all wrong, i get a 0, 19, T, 2 all over the place where the RPM would normaly show. Simple key off and key back on and its fine, when this happens all my other things like oil temp, water temp, boost etc all still works just fine (all also from ECU) I also noticed yesterday that when it happens my gear indicator is still correct for a few gear changes even once the dash2 stops showing RPM so its obviously still seeing the ECU's RPM signal.

Any thoughts to the problem?

sparkystav

Postby sparkystav » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi mate,

sorry cant help with your problem, but im currently installing a dash2 with a link G4 storm and im interested in the parameters you can display on yours as the info on this site is more vipec related.

mail me on marcstav at sky dot com if you can help

thanks
is200tt.co.nr

Rezlo

Postby Rezlo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:56 am

There is a page on here that shows you all the parameters you can view, I use quite a few over the different pages all with different setups.

I really hope i can sort this freezing problem, bit irritating having to cycle the ignition every 15-20minutes

Support

Postby Support » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 am

Please check which version of firmware you are running on the DASH2. This issue can happen with some versions of the firmware when there is too much data going in to it on the serial port, the data can't be decoded fast enough and a lot of errors are generated. Every now and then a message is seen as valid when it isn't and sometimes that message overwrites the RPM display. Try to turn down the data rate of messages going to the DASH2 from the DL1.
email me the details of your firmware version to mhill @ race-technology.com and I'll help you out further with it.

Regards,
Martin

Return to “General support questions”