Dash 1 condensation

jasonc

Dash 1 condensation

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:59 am

In the lower part of the Dash 1 screen, I seem to have a small amount of condensation. Should this occur? How can I clear it up?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:15 am

It's not water tight; it just 2 machined alumium halves bolted together, so if it was in a humid enviroment stuff could get in there.

It can be carefully disassembled with some allen keys. I know because I had to take mine apart because the protective LCD screen film was still in it internally; btw are you sure it's moisture and not just LCD protective film? Just don't be ham fisted with the electronics inside.

Note that the back panel cover only goes on one way, it is not reversible; look for the clearance pockets.

Conversely, you could try just leaving in the sun for a while to heat up the moisture and clear it back up.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm

I thought it was supposed to be IP65 sealed. Water shouldn't be able to get in there.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:26 pm

Perhaps it meets that spec testing, I'm not familar with that spec you can ask the UK office more about that, but I can tell you it's 2 machined aluminum cases bolted together with 6 allen head bolts.

Edit: I wasn't looking for an o-ring when I took it apart and certainly did not seperate from the case if it was there and make it's presence known. When my unit comes back (being borrowed at the moment), I'll confirm. Mine is also a very early unit, so it may not be a typical example.
Last edited by jlucas on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

ewaher

Postby ewaher » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 am

Return to “General support questions”