Reprogramming??

drf99

Reprogramming??

Postby drf99 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 pm

At the last race meet I was at, I tried running with a bare (no setup.bin or dash.hex) files and the sychronizer was not flashing.
I didn't see anything with the wiring and knew that the bare data card was something different, so I dug out some previously used *.bin & *.hex files and tried reprogramming. I went through the process of powering up with the data card with those files, but it took several attempts before I got the "programming" message.
The driver went to another meeting that I couldn't get to. No synchronizer all weekend. His wife swears the programming files were there.

Question 1 - Do the *.bin & *.hex files need to always live on data cards?
Question 2 - Any thoughts as to loosing the synch? I think I need to very carefully redo all connections.
Question 3 - Why might it be taking multiple attempts to program?

Thanks for the feedback,
Dave F.

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 pm

We've had problems if we have both a setup and dash file on the same card at once. Typically we'll first load a setup file, wipe it from the card, then load the dash.hex... but then also wipe that from the card and just run a clean formatted card for the weekend.

I prefer to leave the dash file off the card as well because, while it won't affect logging, if I have a momentary loss of power to the dash (such as undervolt while cranking after a spin or other stall), the dash will take time to reprogram while I'm trying to drive. So once I have the desired layout on the dash, it's no longer needed.

Not sure about your synchronizer problem, but a fresh sequential loading of setup and dash files as described above might help clear things up... at least, that's where I'd start...

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Question 1 - THe files can be removed after configuration and i recommend to do so.

Question 2 - Start logging manually and if the synchronizer is not flashing check wiring. If power is not getting to the unit the fix it. If power is getting to the unit and it is still not flashing the synchronizer is faulty/broken.

Question 3 - Should only take one. Make sure all units are running latest firmware and the latest configuraiton software is being used.

Regards,
Support RT
K

drf99

Postby drf99 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Is there a way to test the synchronizer independently of the system? It is connected to a open collector that grounds the led which is being fed power. Can it be momentarily grounded & seen?

Support

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Hello,

Yes you can just connect ground and it will switch it on but it is an inferred LED so you will need to use a camera to see it. (You can just use camera phone)

Kind regards,
Kieran

Return to “General support questions”