Arduino

jefrezicus

Postby jefrezicus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Hey Halsbury Racing,

That's encouraging that you got this working!

I came to the conclusion this morning that I need to use Channel 72 like you did.

Would you mind sharing your code with me?

Thanks!

Jeff

Halsbury Racing

Postby Halsbury Racing » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 pm

You can choose any free channels you want - I originally used all the free analogue channels (9 to 32? exluding 17,18,19 and 20 that are used by the Dash2) This worked except for the very last channel for some reason.

I am still testing and ironing out small bugs, and my code is not publishable for many reasons - mainly that it is likely to confuse more than enlighten, It is not commented/documented and I also have code from many sources that may or may not be re-distributable. My setup has 9 arduinos, 6 of which are directly used for tyre temps, and I have two displays incorporated - one 128x64 OLED, for use by the Engineer (me) and one multi LED array that the driver can see that gives him an instant indication of the tyre temp balance of the four corners. There is no point using the Dash2 for tyre temps - it has far more important things to show. Two arduinos are used for suspension velocity logging, and the final one provides a torque map to the engine ECU.

Colin's published code does work with little or no fettling, and is very well documented, so stick with that for the time being: it is about a quarter the size of my code and looks like it was written by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

The main difference with my code from Colin's is that I had to abandon the Interrupt Routine - I could not get it to work very well with my two displays and the DASH2. I guess it could have been solved by tweeking the ISR - but I'm an engineer not a programmer!

I hope to have my system off the kitchen table and on the car in the next month or so, and will post more details then.

P

Halsbury Racing

Postby Halsbury Racing » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Not much to see, but there are pictures of my arduino build in the project section of this forum for anyone interested.

Colin105

Postby Colin105 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi guys, glad the code is working out for some of you, i don't check this forum that often but am happy to help out with question about the code so just e-mail me (address is in the code)

So we had a massive accident in my rally car last year, destroyed a lot of stuff, including most of my arduino setup. Anyway the new car is about 75% completed and have used the chance to redesign the arduino board to included 4 thermocouple inputs and 4 wide band lambda sensor controllers along with some digital relays to control 3 go pro's and a TI knock sensor IC (probably won't have that working for a while though), anyway I'll be getting back into the coding soon so will update the code as i go.

Quick question though, does anyone know the colors of the dash 3 wiring, i had to cut the dash 2 out of the wreck and all the official documentation just refers to pin numbers. Power is no problem, and pretty sure serial is green and yellow, just not sure which is transmit and receive

cheers
You only need 2 things in your tool box, duct tape and WD40.
-if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape
-if it doesn't move and it should use the WD40

Red Seven

Re: Arduino - thread resurection

Postby Red Seven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi,
'bit of a thread resurrection.

I'd like to build a device to read a couple of the analog inputs into my DL1 via RS232 into an Arduino, and then display four lines of text with four numeric values that have been manipulated in the arduino.

Once I've got the values into the Arduino, I know I can manipulate them to display the values I'm looking for.

I know I need an adaptor such as a Max323 to convert from the Arduinos TTL Rx & Tx to the 12V of the DL1's RS232.

I've corresponded with Colin105, but not managed to get his adapted code work yet.

Has anyone else managed to read values from a DL1 into an Arduino, and, if so, are you will you willing to share your code?

Return to “General support questions”