SD Card 2GB Limit?

evl

SD Card 2GB Limit?

Postby evl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am

Is the DL1Mk3 limited to 2GB like the earlier DL1s? My SD card cracked, and I Have a bunch of larger cards around, but I'm having a hard time getting them to work in the DL1. I tried formatting to 2GB, but it still didn't work. Here is the link I used to format the card:

http://timescience.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... rd-to-2gb/

Is there something I should be doing differently? I'm on win7... Using the "format flash card" menu from analysis didn't work either. That left it 4GB.

Thanks,

-Chris

Support

Postby Support » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 am

You need to make sure you format the card as FAT32 for the DL1 MK3, it is not limited to 2GB.
Formatting from within Analysis should use the correct format, but if you right click on the card from File Explorer you should be able to see the format type in there.
It should work with any SD or SDHC cards, it won't work with the very latest largest SDXC cards.

Martin

evl

Postby evl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 am

I formatted FA32, they are SDHC cards, but my 4GB and 8GB cards don't work in the DL1Mk3. I get a "Command Failed!" message after the "Sending request to start logging" message on the dash. What else should I be doing?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

We have recently discovered that there are certain cards which need some extra commands sending in the firmware for them to work correctly, within the next couple of weeks we will have new firmware available for all SD card based data loggers which resolves this problem.

Martin

Return to “General support questions”