Serial Data Format Documentation Error and Questions

64r

Serial Data Format Documentation Error and Questions

Postby 64r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

I have recently purchased a Dash3 and am in the process of getting to work on our simulator using a pc as the data source.

As a starting point I decided to get the Analog channels working as they are simple 4 byte messages. Looking at the documentation (http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... DataFormat) for the serial data format, the analog channels should start from message idx 20 for analog 1. This does not appear to be the case.

After spending a bit of time, I ran the Lite Monitor outputting analog 1 data and recorded the data stream to try to understand where I was going wrong. The recorded data shows that analog 1 actually has a message idx of 27??? Strangly enough I cannot work out how this is the case. Additionally, moving from idx 27 upwards does not give me the next analog channels, the analog doco is incorrect.

I can successfully send a 4 byte packet to the Dash3 with byte[0] = 27 and the data correctly appears as analog 1 data on the Dash3.

Before I continue too far, do you have an updated list of the currently used message idx and channel names, as I want to implement other channels and I am only able to output analog channels from the Lite Monitor.

Turby

Postby Turby » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm

64r

Postby 64r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Ah now it all makes sense. Thanks

Return to “General support questions”