Backlight Problems, IVA fail.

b33fy

Backlight Problems, IVA fail.

Postby b33fy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi all I did drop an email to you wednessday but so far no response thought I'd post here in case the email went astray. Email as follows

I was after some advice regarding the Dash 2 I purchased new via Rally Technology, my car went through the IVA yesterday and it failed on a few numerous points including the dash panel. It does not appear to be backlit and is not legible in the dark, they are asking me to attach extra lights etc to shine on it!! The tester covered the dash and there didn't seem any evidence of backlighting either with sidelights on or off. The dash was new in october 2011 and has done less than 20 miles.

Does the backlighting remain on all the time and how do I tell if its working?

Is it dependent or independent of the side light connection?

what power supply connection feeds the back light?

I've been through the wiring and everything seems to be connected correctly and in every other respects the dash is working fine My re-test is on 5th April it so it needs to be sorted for then, any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated

Support

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Recently the firmware changed to only but the backlight on when the side lights are on. This was to comply with the regulations for IVA test to show an indication of day time running lights.

If the backlight on your DASH2 is not illuminated when the side light switch is on then unfortunately there is a problem with the unit. Please contact sales@race-tech.. and include this message for a returns authorization number.

Kind regards,
Kieran

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks Kieran, I sent it back and Ryan has now sorted it hopefully all is good now and should get me through the IVA, thanks all for your assistance.

midlana

Postby midlana » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:10 am

While it sounds like it's being corrected, no one's pointed out the other possibilities, that the running lights aren't attached to the DASH2, or back-lighting had been disabled via the menus (if that's even possible.)

GROPIUS

Postby GROPIUS » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 pm

midlana wrote:...or back-lighting had been disabled via the menus (if that's even possible.)

I don't think so...
...but I would like that option! (still turned on with sidelights but with a tick box for constant back-light)
Maybe in an upcoming software update?

Return to “General support questions”