CBR 1000RR

BMWMPower

CBR 1000RR

Postby BMWMPower » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 pm

I want to connect an CBR 1000RR to my DL1 MK1. But the ECU has a K-Line. Does the DL1 send ECU messages? Or is it passive? And what are the best ways to use my DL1 MK1 to my CBR 1000RR from 2010?

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Am all ears, as my Suzuki ECU has K-line also... but not sure this'll work...

BMWMPower

K/Line

Postby BMWMPower » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I am busy developing a solution to use the DL! with my K/Line. Off course I can install all cables to al the sensors and let the DL! poll each sensor with the frequencies. But I want to send the variables from the K/Line serial to the DL1.

I have been reading that you can send values to the DL1 MK1 serial. There is a serialcommunication protocol. For making a own dash, but I want to send the values from the ECU to the DL1. If the DL1 accepts this, I can make it!

BMWMPower

Answer

Postby BMWMPower » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Really no answer? Or is this forum dead? To bad. Even though the product looks great (The DL1) a good service/support is also a selection criteria. Did buy an older DL1 to try all this out....

Making the anser more simple:
Does the DL1 MK1 does support incomming sensor values on the serial port? Or do I have to use DAC's???

And is the one message example? This really would make the product stronger. And yes I know the newer ones support CAN, but this is not the question I have.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello,

Sorry not sure why this one hasn't had a reply.

Yes the DL1 can log incoming serial data. (Latest firmware maybe required which is on our website)

The protocol information can be found here>>> http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... DataFormat

All DL1's can be used with our CAN interface that converts CAN data to serial data. You need to effectively make this product but k-line to serial data.
http://www.race-technology.com/can_inte ... _7534.html

Kind regards,
Kieran

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Oh, wait, so if I understand correctly, you're not saying that the currently-available off-the-shelf ECU or CAN interfaces will work with the correct config, rather that we'll need to make our own interfaces to convert K-line to serial messages?

BMWMPower

Serial Data

Postby BMWMPower » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Oke this looks good....but my DL1 MK1 flashing to new firmware? Is this not triggy?

And the documentation does say something about the protocol, but when I send it on an RS232 line. Nothin happens.

Say I want to send a TPS signal (say 60%) to the DL to log. Can you give us a example message? Hex or deviders?

The documentation says:
The header is a single byte, the data length is between 1 and 255 bytes depending on the type of
mesage and the checksum is a single byte which is calculated from the sum off all bytes including
the header. In the typical case where the checksum is greater than 255, then only the least
significant byte is stored

The header must not be send every time?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am

If you look in the knowledge base for the specific messages you can send the data through as any channel type you like to the DL1, as analogue voltage, temperature, percentage, etc....

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... onMessages

You can easily test the output of this by connecting the output of your unit to the lite monitor and viewing the data on there, this will enable you to look for errors in the output data which you can't do if it is logged on the DL1 as any data with errors will just be thrown away.
If you want to view the logged data from the lite monitor in the Analysis software you can log it to disk with a time interval of >0.01 and the lite monitor will then add time stamps in to the data as well.

Good luck, if you get stuck on any of this email me, mhill at race-technology.com

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 am

For your specific example of throttle position (percentage channel) to send a value of 1% the data would be as per the knowledge base here....

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ageChannel

74 channel number
01 channel index, 1 for throttle position
10 LSB of the actual value in units of 0.1%
00 MSB of the actual value
85 checksum which is all the other bytes added together.

You then just repeat this entire message for any other channels you want to send.

Martin

Return to “General support questions”