Dash2 and DL1 issues

Scott SkylineGTR

Dash2 and DL1 issues

Postby Scott SkylineGTR » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Eventually got around to installing Dash2 and DL1 (MK1) in my Skyline track car. Physically installed both units, wired them up appropriately and reflashed both with the latest firmware (as I have had them for a couple of years stored in their cases) and connected both via serial. Strangely, I did NOT get the tick in the circle that the manual says I should have seen (thought nothing of it at the time)
Now facing a couple of issues.....

1. Used the RT Dash 2 configuration tool to make up 5 screens appropriate to what I want to see and loaded it into the Dash. Using the pic below to illustrate...

If we say "THROT" is position 1, "OIL P" is position 2 and "FUEL" is position 3.....on my configured screen 1 I get stuff in position 1 and no others, On screen 2 I get position 1,2 and 3. On screen 3 I get position 3 and so on and soforth....i.e. only bits of the config would seem to have loaded.
I resent the config over serial from PC but still no joy.

Issue No.2......
The DL1 was configured but CF card and initially appeared to work fine. Now, after conneting to Dash, the power light comes on and the "status" light keeps on flashing madly. Even after setting one of the Dash buttons as a Start/Stop logging button, THAT does not do anything. It comes up on the Dash as "start/stop" but nothing else happens on DL1. Pressing the RED button on DL1 does not illuminate the logging light!!!

Im of a mind to reflash both units again despite getting "reflash successful" on both Dash and DL1 and uploading configs...again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or heard of such goings on??

Both units were,IIRC, factory refurbed items from around 2010....boxed with manuals, cables etc and have not been touched until I removed them from their cases the other week for install..

Scott

osborni

Postby osborni » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Not sure about issue #1 - but have you loaded up the latest flash version? I'm not really sure with mine, but on earlier flash version, sometimes the config files wouldn't "take" the 1st time. Honestly not sure if it was operator error or the unit though. Seams to be more stable with newer flash versions.

For issue #2 - double check continuity and the integrity of all wire connections. A short can play havoc with serial communication and the units' behavior. A single carbon strand can do it. After that, load up a very simple stripped down config to make sure that the basic communication works. Then step into more complicated configurations.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

Scott SkylineGTR

Postby Scott SkylineGTR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I shall check the DL1 and reflash the Dash2 (despite both having latest firmware updated)

I shall report back on progress.

Failing that i will probably send both to RT to get checked....

Feeling quite disappointed at the moment... :(

Scott

Return to “General support questions”