DL1 recording for only 60 secs or less

Dansoarr

DL1 recording for only 60 secs or less

Postby Dansoarr » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi,
I have a DL1 connected to a DASH 2 with the DASH 2 configured to enable logging via a button (serial link)

Once bike started I start logging by pressing the button, the LHS shift light turns on and a tick appears on screen. However logging may or may not have started (based on the file times). If I try to stop the logging by pressing the button again logging is not canceled, the light remains on.

This means that I have to turn off the DL1 with logging technically indicated as active. This may well be why I have limited data.

If I have a run of 30 mins, I may have the first 40 seconds the last 40 seconds or a seemingly random few second in the middle. Hence the confusion.

DL1 has auto start and stop disabled.

Does anyone know if the run file contains start / stop conditions encoded?

Any ideas?

Cheers Arron

Dansoarr

Postby Dansoarr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Update, Seems there is a problem with the serial link. All data sent from the DASH2 to the DL1 is recorded, but the serial command to stop logging does not seem to be working.

Wired in a separate logging switch and it all works smoothly. Strange but I have it working

Dansoarr

OK not Fixed

Postby Dansoarr » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 am

We had assumed we had fixed it, however these tests were static, i.e. bike not moving.

When we actually ran the bike late yesterday, we could stop the logging by either the hardware switch or by the serial link. After 25 mins we had 36 seconds of data.

Any ideas?

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

If you've had multiple iterations of power-off while logging, odds are your memory card is pretty messed up. I'd recommend reformatting it, then try logging again.

HTH...

Dansoarr

Postby Dansoarr » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 am

Cheers for that, I re formatted and tried again.

Reformat FAT Allocation unit size 32Kb (not quick format)
1st 20 min run - logging started correctly, could not stop the logger by switch or serial command. DL1 switched off whilst logging, 51.51 seconds recorded

2nd 20 min run - logging started correctly, logger stopped by switch. 20 mins 16.93 seconds recorded

Reformat FAT Allocation unit size 32Kb (quick format)
3rd 30 min run - logging started correctly, could not stop the logger by switch or serial command. DL1 switched off whilst logging, 5 mins 16.60 seconds recorded.

looked at the 'buffer' data in the DL1.
1st run average of 920 with drops down to approx 320 every 14 seconds
2nd run average of 920 with drops down to approx 320 every 14 seconds, after 325 seconds no further drops.
3rd run average of 920 with drops down to approx 320 every 14 seconds

Could this be the card moving around?

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:00 pm

I've never seen any problems with the car moving in the slot... and my racecar is a step or two beyond a Radical (with respect to speed and harshness in-cockpit)...

It is conceivable that you might have a ground or power wire that wiggles loose at speed though.

I assume this isn't a problem you can reproduce just sitting in the garage?

Return to “General support questions”