Help - my DL1 is dead! :(

David Stewart

Help - my DL1 is dead! :(

Postby David Stewart » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:14 am

My DL1 seems to be dead.

30 seconds into my 7th track session yesterday it just stopped recording.

On all four corners of the Dash1 LCD "No Data" is displayed, i.e.

"No Data No Data"
"No Data No Data"

Only the single red "power" LED is illuminated. The start/stop button does nothing.

All the previously recorded data on the compact flash is intact.

Since I've dismounted the unit from the vehicle I've done the following:

- checked all connections (only 12volt and GPS antenna attached to the unit). Reconnect. Power cycle. Nothing.

- removed the Dash1. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reformatted the compact flash. Created fresh SETUP.BIN file and copied to card. Power cycle. Nothing.

- repeat the sama format/copy with a different flash card. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reflash the unit with the latest "DL1 customer reflash 060627.HEX" file. Successful flash. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reflash the Dash1 with the latest "DASH.HEX" file. Successful flash. Power cycle. Nothing.

I have not attempted to perform the accelerometer recalibration routine yet.

I haave two events remaining this season (oct 29 / nov 19) and would like to have it working by then if possible.

Any ideas?

Please advise.

David Stewart

Support

Postby Support » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:22 am

Hi David,

Has this been resolved? If you are still having problem, please email me directly at support@racew-technology.com and I'll get you up and running again as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Andy

David Stewart

Help - it's dead again!

Postby David Stewart » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 am

Well it's been six years since the last time something like this happened...

I was on my way home this evening and wanted to start a datalog so I leaned over to push the red button on my Mark 1 DL1... and all four LED's were illuminated. I pulled over, powered off the car/DL1, removed/reinserted the CF card and tried all sorts of combinations to no avail. My Dash-1 was sitting in it's box at home so that wasn't the issue.

When I got home a few hours ago I logged onto the main web site, downloaded the latest firmware .HEX file and did a reflash without incident. I then formatted a clean CF card with FAT, loaded the DL1 config program and saved an empty SETUP.BIN onto it.

I powered up the unit and then inserted the CF card. I tried it a few more times but it still has all four LED's on.

Suggestions? I don't know what else to check...

When it's logging it's absolutely amazing (99%) :D - when it's not working it's absolutely frustrating! :evil:

Thanks!

-David Stewart
davidtstewart@gmail.com

Manu

Postby Manu » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi David
I had this problem once, and was because of the antenna... is yours an old one?
check it without the antenna or with a new one

In my case, I also had a corrupt CF card, but i think only 2 or 3 LED were illuminated.
Hope this will help

Manuel

Return to “General support questions”